Subject: Graphic Communication
The course aims to:
- Develops skills in communicating through a variety of graphic techniques and methods building on the technologies principles and practice guidance
- Develops learners’ understanding of the impact of graphic communication technologies on our society and environment building on the technologies principles and practice guidance
- Provides opportunities for learners to gain skills in creating and interpreting graphic communications
There are 3 units in this course:
- 2D Graphic Communication
- 3D and Pictorial Graphic Communication
Added Value Unit
- Graphic Communication Project
The Work of the Course In class much of the course is based on drawing board work in developing skills in complex drawing techniques produced at speed and to a high degree of accuracy. Computer work involves projects in 3D modelling and desk top publishing. Artistic ability and experience is an advantage in all areas of the course.
At home considerable home study work is required in building skills in interpretation and in the preparation of folio pieces.
- All Units are internally assessed against the requirements shown in Unit specifications.
- They will be assessed pass/fail within centres.
- SQA will provide rigorous external quality assurance, including external verification, to ensure assessment judgements are consistent and meet national standards.
This Course or its components may provide progression to:
- other SQA qualifications in Design and Manufacture or related areas
- further study, employment or training