Subject: Graphic Communication
The course aims to:
- Develop skills in graphic communication techniques, including the use of equipment, graphics materials and software
- Extend and apply knowledge and understanding of graphic communication standards, protocols and conventions where these apply
- Develop an understanding of the impact of graphic communication technologies on our environment and society.
This Course will also give learners the opportunity to develop numeracy, health and wellbeing, skills in numeracy, employability, enterprise and citizenship, and thinking skills.
There are 3 units in this course:
- 2D Graphic Communication
- 3D and Pictorial Graphic Communication
- Graphic Communication Project
The Work of the Course
In class much of the course is based on drawing board work in developing skills in complex drawing techniques produced at speed and to a high degree of accuracy. Computer work involves projects in 3D modelling and desk top publishing. Artistic ability and experience is an advantage in all areas of the course.
At home considerable home study work is required in building skills in interpretation and in the preparation of folio pieces.
The learner will draw on, extend and apply the skills and knowledge they have developed during the Course. These will be assessed through a combination of an assignment and a question paper.
This Course or its components may provide progression to:
- Higher Graphic Communication Course
- other technological subjects at Higher
and, ultimately, for some, to:
- Employment, apprenticeships and/or training in graphic communication-related fields
- Advanced Higher Graphic Communication Course